Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

She's got some wheel's

Hersey Track Meet
May 2011

 This little girl of mine can FLY!!!  I mean really fly.  She ran the 100 meter and took 1st in her heat so she advanced to the semi-final race. Then she took 1st in that heat so she advanced to the finals. In the final race she placed 3rd allowing her to move on to the district meet in that event. But that is not the amazing part.  The amazing part came later in the 400 meter run.

                                      
                       Good starts                                                                             Excellent  form


400 meter run
 She is just a natural at this.  Look at her lose fingers, her great stride, her good arm action, and if you could have seen the photo finish--AMAZING!
This is what everyone was seeing as she ran about 10 yards in front of them ALL!
She took 1st in the 400 and qualified for the district meet. Yipee!
I could watch her run all day.  Problem is she doesn't want to run. WHY???

After a little cajoling and bribery Ben and I talked her into running in the district meet.  She really didn't want to.  She said she just doesn't like running.  How do you not like it when you WIN??? 
That we did not understand.  Anyway, we all went to watch her run at  the district meet.  Since the 100 was right before the 400 she opted out of that race to save her legs for the 400.  
Oh MAN I was so nervous......and so was she when she found out who she had to run against.  As the girls were called for the race to the starting line we saw the competition for the first time.  THREE extremely tall girls--all wearing their SF track club uniforms--all looking 12 or older---all at least a head taller than Courtlyne. 
Naturally I panicked... I know what it is like to run against people whose legs are  longer than you are
tall  
IT IS  HARD.... and  usually the short people do not win.
So I admit I was skeptical about her chances for success, let alone a win.  I told her just go out and do your best.  (To bad she heard all my thoughts out loud on the video that I took of  her race, OOPPS) I will share that to if I can figure out how to post it. 

BUT SHE KILLED IT!! 
I mean she  not only beat those tall, track runners, she came in first by at least 5-10 yards.  Yes, my little girl is a runner, a runner in denial.  She qualified for the regional meet and she would not go.  I mean would not.  All the  uncles and aunts and grandparents and parents could not talk her into running again, so I let it go...my  dream of her running. I wish she would embrace this talent of hers, because I love watching her run.  Maybe if I do not force it, and she keeps winning she will one day want to run. 
How can you not want to run when you WIN???
I still don't get it.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I was never a good runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy girl!! Winning is all the fun of running, let me talk to her, I will tell her all my good running stories :)

    ReplyDelete